Monday, March 21, 2011

"Good News!"

"but the angel said to them, 'do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord." (Luke 2:10)


what GREAT news that after years of waiting, God had chosen this time to deliver His people through HIS SON, the Savior. why would you NOT share this JOY?


"For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for I am under compulsion; for WOE IS ME if I do not preach the gospel." (1 corinthians 9:16)


Paul has got it right. We are under compulsion to preach the gospel. It is our duty to preach the gospel. It is nothing to brag about--because all believers are expected to share the good news! Woe is me if I do not preach the gospel. Ouch. 


This has been panging my heart recently. Father, forgive my mouth...forgive me of the godless chatter I have participated in more frequently than sharing Your Name. 


The body of Christ needs help in this area. The people around us need the gospel desperately. and we desperately need the Holy Spirit to help us. 


the Lord is cultivating a desire in my heart to apply for the IMB's Journeyman program in the fall--but I do not deserve to go if I cannot share my faith and His good news daily! Lord, give me grace and mercy...stir up this passion continuously and fling open doors around me to share Your Good News that brings great JOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment