Sunday, October 31, 2010

beautiful disaster.


Jeremiah says that the heart is deceitful, "who can trust it?" 

Yet I do, everyday.

Interesting. 

I am a mess this semester, and I think this will be my way of putting it all out there. 


I'm constantly hitting a brick wall. 

I'm so tired of this wall.

If only I could identify what exactly it is. 


This semester I am supposed to be learning self-discipline, how to live by myself (in a dorm), etc, etc. I just know that's what He is trying to teach me. But I always run. I find people to hang out with, places to go, ultimately escaping this loneliness. 

My heart has been aching towards a certain situation lately. One that I've been healed from, thankfully, yet it has been consuming my thoughts a lot. A wounded heart really does take time. 

Life is a beautiful disaster; i can thank switchfoot for that great phrase. It so perfectly describes my attitude towards life at times. This one in particular.



But I am a warrior princess. He has redeemed me and saved me from my deceitful heart, if I will let Him. Pursue me harder, Lord. Don't let me run anymore. 




2 comments:

  1. i am excited you are writing! i somehow feel a kindred-ness with you, so it will be fun to keep up with what God's doing in your life. keep persevering because on the other side is inexplicable joy!!

    ReplyDelete