Thursday, January 20, 2011

Happy Am I at Merri-Mac..

a series of events the past couple of days has led me to be in constant thought about Camp Merri-Mac, a place of growth, joy and friendships. there are such fond memories in my heart here. Girls ministry is my favorite ministry. 

i LOVE getting to know the sweet hearts God has created and placed in my cabin. out of this summer, i received one of the best friendships ever, my co-counselor, Caroline. i have learned so much from her and our friendship. i learned so much from the beautiful girls that surrounded me. they were full of life and eager to learn, most times. it was beautiful the way they lingered on scripture and dug into their own hearts and souls to find God. 


all this reminiscing has brought me to a place of question: will I return? Returning to camp demands sacrifice.. almost 11 weeks of my summer 10ish hours from home. missing out on memories with sweet friends. but the Lord has wired me this way. He has wired me to use my gifts, my ministry for His glory, no matter the sacrifice. 
sweet caroline and me-for Sunny-Dreams Tacky Prom

Haley, Clare, myself, Autumn and Lucy--my last day at camp.

So, for the next two weeks I've committed to pray about Merri-Mac 2011--and I will either accept or decline a job offer. 



i'm praying for clarity past emotions. i want what HE wants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment