Monday, January 17, 2011

it's tugging at me again...

i spent a week in paris, france last year that changed my life. i spent my spring break ministering to muslim women, stumbling over french with university students and serving muslim business owners by cleaning for them. it was humbling and challenging to say the least. 


recently, i have been thinking about how much Jesus reached out. it is so very easy for me spend time in my room bettering my own relationship with Christ, but how often am I reaching out beyond my comfort zone? yes, Jesus spent time alone with the father (35And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed.) but he was constantly in ministry with others. 


i want to sacrifice my time, money, self for Him. 




So, I'm feeling it. I'm feeling the tug to spend time overseas. i'm feeling to desire to feel uncomfortable. to go, even if it is alone. i have been so distracted by making plans for after i graduate, that i haven't focused on the present...or the near future. God, forgive me of these fleshly tendencies. 


I trust You. I believe that Your plan is better than mine. I do not want to stray. 


Lord, may I hold fast to your decrees and thus daily find Your divine path for me. 

1 comment: