Wednesday, May 1, 2013

crunchy peanut butter.

on this day, at this moment- I'm listening to wilco pandora, gazing out the window of the Dripolator coffee house in the tiny town of Black Mountain, North Carolina. It's a breath of fresh air I breathe in slowly and deeply; I'm finally here.

my last days in Mississippi were nothing short of a whirlwind. filled with humbling love, generous friends, supportive family, sweet notes of encouragement, Gilmore Girls and a plethora of emotions.

i'm surprised at how much God is sustaining me. dang that sinful nature that resists trusting His promises. my sweet friends here are taking good care of me, and i'm lucky to have a good amount of alone time to process exactly what is happening. Here am I, in this sweet familiar town, but there is no camp. No other counselors, no campers. It's slightly bizarre. Yet nonetheless, I love it and it strangely feels like home. 

Thusfar, I've done a little work for camp but my full job starts Monday. I've set up my room for the summer, been grocery shopping, spending as much time in the Word as I can and went running today! grocery shopping was amusing. if you know me well, you know i can't cook. bread, peanut butter & honey sandwiches for me! tried crunchy peanut butter for the first time...pretty good! I also tried Curry for the first time last night (YUMMY).

Our Father is sweet to give us good gifts. THIS is a good gift, a sweet season of trying new things like crunchy peanut butter, curry and cauliflower.

No comments:

Post a Comment