Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Single-versary.

It's been a few days, friends. 


Can I just say that I am so thankful to be reminded of the Lord's goodness the past few days?? 


Last night I had dinner with a sweet friend that I don't see often enough. It is SO refreshing to be able to listen to what God is doing in her life, in this season of beauty and rejoicing. 


I have watched this friend endure trial and pain and that is why it is SO BEAUTIFUL to watch this unfold and clearly see the hand of God in the middle of the mix. 


It gives me great JOY to listen to her. 


I also shared with her about my life. although the season through which I tread looks nothing like hers, I listened to myself share about my life and my eyes were opened to how present He is in my life, too! 


This EXCITES me. 


It's almost as if I go day by day, moment by moment, trying to live a life worthy of the one to which I have been called, most of the time failing. But, all the sudden, you can turn around and realize how much you've grown. Thank you, Jesus. 

You see, this is kind of new to me. This rapid growth comes so much easier as a single person. 



And, until almost a year ago, I don't remember the last time I was truly single (that my heart wasn't playing games or striving for attention). 


But, my single-anniversary is coming up, January 6th--and it will be a day of great celebration. Not celebrating me or the decision I made to be single, but a celebration of all the Lord has taught me, brought me through and used me for in this year. OH GREAT JOY. 


I smile thinking about it. 


I pray for each and every one of you reading this..that in spite of the valley or mountain you find yourself, you look for God's beauty in it. It's there. 


"You are jealous for Your glory. Your knowledge goes farther than the mind of man ever wandered, You are jealous for Your Glory." --Mandi Mapes

No comments:

Post a Comment