Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Broken Chains

Today was the first time I felt like myself in a while.


Sometimes.. I will put on an outfit and simply say.. "this isn't me."


it's the weirdest thing. and its only expectations i have for myself. but today..


i wore my purple converses, skinny jeans, and my awesome invisible children tshirt. 


the weather was beautiful, i was comfortable.. and I was joyful. 


I am so thankful for that feeling. 



"O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am! Behold, you have made my days a few handbreadths, and my lifetime is nothing before you. Surely all mankind stands as a mere breath!...And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My Hope is in You." Psalm 39:4-5,7


this I need to be reminded every day and I think its what set me straight today. thank you, LORD for the power of your Word. How fleeting is my life? Will worry add an hour to my life? Will the Lord not provide provision and plans when the time is right? Yes. 

So, for now, as of Monday..this week is SIGNIFICANTLY better than last week. 

Also, I just listened to a sermon on marriage and I am SO glad I'm not in a relationship. I have a lot of work to do and I'm betting my husband does, too.

I'll leave you with this from "The Pursuit of God"

 ‎"self is the opaque veil that hides the face of God from us. It can be removed only in spiritual experience, never by mere instruction"-a.w. tozer


No comments:

Post a Comment